• Score: 1st of 49 teams (32 points)
• Location: Newville, PA
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins women's cross country team won its tenth straight NCAA Mideast Regional and earned an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament, as the Blue Jays defeated second-place Elizabethtown by 68 points. JHU placed four runners in the top-10 as all seven Blue Jays finished in the top-25 to earn all-region.
How it Happened
• Ellie Clawson won the race as the junior finished in 21:33.5.
• Coming in 23.5 seconds behind Clawson in fourth was Therese Olshanski with a mark of 21:56.0, while Caroline Smithfinished just behind Olshanski in fifth with a time of 21:56.6.
• Felicia Koerner earned a sixth-place finish as the junior crossed the line with a time of 22:00.0.
• Kristin Meek rounded out the top-five finishers for the Blue Jays with her 16th-place finish with a mark of 22:32.2.
• Rounding out the seven runners for Hopkins were Rebecca Grusby who finished 17th with a time of 22:33.2 and Lauren Jacob who finished 22nd with a time of 22:48.4.
Centennial All-Region Finishers
1-Ellie Clawson, JHU, 21:33.5
2-Sofia Canning, DC, 21:37.3
4-Therese Olshanski, JHU, 21:56.0
5-Caroline Smith, JHU, 21:56.6
6-Felicia Koerner, JHU, 22:00.0
10-Elizabeth Hilfrank, GET, 22:19.3
13-Katie Sullivan, HAV, 22:28.8
14-Amelia Keyser-Gibson, HAV, 22:30.6
16-Kristin Meek, JHU, 22:32.2
17-Rebecca Grusby, JHU, 22:33.2
20-Sarah Rinehart, GET, 22:40.4
22-Lauren Jacob, JHU, 22:48.4
23-Xiaojing Zeng, SWA, 22:50.4
29-Tessa Cassidy, DC, 23:05.5
31-Kate Edwards, BMC, 23:10.8
33-Lilly Price, SWA, 23:14.7
34-Nicole Giannetti, HAV, 23:16.3